In the year 313 BC, in Alexandria, Egypt, the concept of a museum was born. The museum was established by Alexander. At the time, the idea was that the museum should have a library and that researchers should be able to collect information through the museum’s doors and windows. There will be a lot of research done here.
In this age of information technology, professional photographers nowadays can choose to take photographs in museums in any way they want. By taking pictures in a museum, the museum’s contents may be harmed as a result of flash photography. Professional photographers, in most cases, are not permitted to enter the museum with cameras unless they have special permission. Let’s also see what other reasons there are for not being able to take photographs in the museum and keep written “no flash photography” as a notice.
- If taking photographs is permitted in the museum, everyone will be more interested in photographing than in viewing. As we notice now when we go on different tours. Instead of enjoying the beauty of the place, I should be busy taking pictures. So nature is no longer enjoyed in such a way.
- Professional photographers can damage the archeological findings. Because they are professionals, they will take pictures from different angles and can damage any object due to carelessness.
- Ancient archeological objects can be damaged by the camera flash’s high intensity.
- Vloggers from across the country will create vlog videos about museums. These videos will quench the thirst of the general public, ensuring that the museum does not lose visitors.
- Miscreants will take photos and make similar items.
- Thieves frequently photograph various parts of a building and create masterpieces of theft or robbery. Taking photographs is frequently prohibited for reasons of safety.
On the other hand, Taking photographs inside various museums across Europe is not prohibited. Hundreds of photographs were taken at Paris’s world-famous Louvre Museum, but no one intervened. In some galleries in Italy, one or two museums have banned the use of flush. This is due to the fact that flashlights can cause damage to sensitive objects. However, it is insignificant. For these reasons, photography is not permitted in museums.
Read the article in Bengali Language: জাদুঘরে ছবি তোলা নিষিদ্ধ কেন?